Wednesday 8 August 2012

Mary loses in semis, but will return with Bronze



Mary Kom , five time world Champion loses by 6-11 to Nicola Adams of Britain in the first ever women boxing Olympic game in London today.  Mary was fighting in 51 kg category, but she had already secure first Bronze medal for India in the event. 

Mary was completely out-boxed by the second-seeded Briton in all the four rounds (1-3, 1-2, 2-3, 2-3) to deny the Indian to enter the final of the event.

“I am sorry, couldn’t win gold or silver. I know my fans prayed and wished for me. I tried my hardest. Happy got a bronze,” she told reporters after the match.

Adams took advantage of her superior height and reach to out punch the diminutive Mary as the former won all four 2-minute rounds of the contest.

Mary who was already assured a bronze had to settle with the medal, which means that the country has recorded its best-ever medal haul in the mega event.

No comments:

Post a Comment